Add/Remove Programs

I have a new laptop with Vista Home pre-installed. It also comes with lots of programs that I don't know and don't want. After removing them in Add/Remove programs is there anything else I need to do to ensure there are not any traces left on the PC and it all runs smoothly.

sunnystaines 20:21 07 Apr 2009

run ccleaner

click here

Clapton is God 20:21 07 Apr 2009

Download and run click here

Picklefactory 21:55 07 Apr 2009

use Revo uninstaller instead of Windows default. Revo has built in facility to clean traces.
click here

emily3543 11:30 09 Apr 2009

remove only those program which is you are not using and you can delete temp files and temp internet files to improve your system performance

birdface 11:54 09 Apr 2009

Its a bad start to a new computer when you have to start with removing programs that you don't want and should not be on there in the first place.

They should not be allowed to be installed on new computers whether it is Microsoft that does it or Not I don't know.

I have been told that you cannot remove Windows Defender.So I never tried.
Most of them come with bundled Security Suites that you don't want.
I went through my grand msconfig on my grand daughters computer and there must have been around 30 start up programs on it.Most of them I did not know what they were for so had to leave them.
I use Revo uninstaller which is quite good but always do a search as well to see if it has missed anything.

provider 2 12:00 09 Apr 2009

You might want to try PC Decrapifier (sorry about the name). It will find stuff on a new computer that can be safely dumped ... but only if you tell it to do so.

Links to instructions for use etc:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?