Additional broadband connection

Skinn 13:01 18 Jan 2008

Does anyone know if it is possible to have two broadband connections using only one wired router? I have a desktop computer with wired broadband and would like to be able to share the broadband connection with a laptop computer in another room without using a wireless router i.e. wired connection as per the desktop.

A device called HomePlug was mentioned in Which? magazine but there was no further details on it.

Can anyone provide any knowledge/experience of this area?

MAJ 13:14 18 Jan 2008

Homeplugs use your household electric wiring to transfer the signal, Skinn. You then plug each computer into one, via an ethernet cable I think (never used them). There are some guys on the forum who do use them, I'm sure one of those guys will get back to you soon to explain in more detail.

Skinn 18:11 10 Mar 2009

Has anyone got any knowledge/experience of HomePlug applications? I'm just looking for a basic system which will allow simultaneous use of a wired broadband connection to a PC and a laptop in another room.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:23 10 Mar 2009

click here are the ones that I have bought before and they are excellent. They are simple to install and if you read the reviews you will find that everyone praises them. You cannot go wrong with these.

G

Stuartli 18:26 10 Mar 2009

Solwise, an excellent outlet, has a guide to HomePlugs. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?