Adding text to scanned photos

Creditman 22:48 22 Aug 2007

Can anyone tellme how to add text captions to scanned iamges of photos ? I have tried to do this in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer which tells you how to add a text box but I cannot see how to type text into it. Thanks

woodchip 22:56 22 Aug 2007

You need a Photo Edit Program that runs layers. Some will allow Text on top of a Photo. I have a Old Micrografx Picture Publisher that lets you do it. Text can be put anywhere on the Photo

Les 22:57 22 Aug 2007

I use a very good free program call Faststone Image Viewer. Type this in your search bar and download it.

GaT7 22:57 22 Aug 2007

You can use a number of free programs to do this, one being Paint.NET click here. G

holme 23:00 22 Aug 2007

For info, it doesn't work in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer unless the image is a TIFF (so not JPEG) or a fax. Silly innit?

Les 23:02 22 Aug 2007

Sorry, this only adds seperate comments, which arfe then saved with the photo.

johnnyrocker 23:05 22 Aug 2007

how about, click here?

johnny.

GroupFC 23:07 22 Aug 2007

I have just had a little play around and you can do this using Windows Picture & Fax Viewer although only with files in .TIFF format.

if you click on the "New Attached Note Annotation" icon, this will alow you to draw and move a text box on your pic. If you then double click on the box this will allow you to type your text. If you then right click on the box and select "edit annotation" this will then allow you to change the font attributes.

HTH

GroupFC 23:11 22 Aug 2007

I should have added that you can change the file type say from JPEG to TIFF through Windows Picture & Fax Viewer by making a copy and selecting TIFF in the "save as type" from the drop down box.

Creditman 23:28 22 Aug 2007

Thanks but Image I am trying to work on is a TIFF !

hssutton 00:14 23 Aug 2007

Photofiltre will allow you to add text, and it's also a pretty good all round image editor as well as being freeware click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?