Adding Shortcut to taskbar

driving man 22:40 04 Nov 2005

I wish to place a shortcut to "sound effects manager" next to Vol. control in tray but am only allowed to add to the desktop. Am on xp home serv pack 2 and sound card is Realtek AC97. Grateful for help with this as have been in explorer---control panel and even created a new Shortcut on desktop and tried dragging it. Bet its easy (if you know how)

VoG II 22:44 04 Nov 2005

You cannot place shortcuts in the notification area next to the clock.

Try enabling the Quick Launch taskbar - right click the taskbar, toolbars, quick launch. Then drag the shortcut from the desktop onto that toolbar.

driving man 22:53 04 Nov 2005

VOG I Thank you --Its done and dusted but how do professioal programs get an entry in the "as you rightly say" notification area. Surely if they can do it , it must be possible

VoG II 23:06 04 Nov 2005

Programmers do it like click here

but Windows does not allow you, as a user of programs, to do this. It has to be coded into the program.

driving man 23:12 04 Nov 2005

VOG --just read the article (your fount of knowledge astounds me ) but I dont think I will bother with it just yet ---perhaps when I have a day to spare

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?