Adding new email address in Outlook

Molly_Don 17:25 14 Feb 2011

I've added a new email address within MS Outlook, when I click on Tools "Email Accounts" are not listed!

Under Tools > Account seetings > Email, 2 email accounts are listed

Any advice please on how I change between email accounts?

Forum Editor 17:44 14 Feb 2011

you're using. My answer is based on Outlook 2010, but it will hold good for most recent versions.

When you type a new email you'll see a 'from' button at the top left - just above the address field. Click the small arrowhead and you'll be presented with a list of all active email accounts; select the one you want to send from.

As far as inbound mail is concerned, Outlook will lump it all together in your in-box unless you tell it to do otherwise. To sort incoming mail by account you can create a separate folder in the default inbox. Call it (name you choose) inbox, and then create a rule telling Outlook to place all inbound mail addressed to the account in the folder you've created.

If you need more detailed help in setting all this up just ask.

Molly_Don 17:50 14 Feb 2011

Thanks FE

I've followed your advice and can now see who to send from, can you give me some intructions please on setting up an inbox a/c for the 2nd email

Molly_Don 13:13 17 Feb 2011

Bump

Can someone please give me instructions on how to set up an "inbox" for the 2nd a/c, I'm receiving email for that a/c in the main a/c.

Woolwell 13:43 17 Feb 2011

As FE stated you will need to set up message rules to redirect each e-mail account to a sub folder. I have subfolders for gmail and my ISP and as each e-mail arrives it is automatically moved to the right subfolder. This may help click here and click here

Molly_Don 14:42 17 Feb 2011

Cheers for the links, I'll give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?