Adding memory to my Sony vaio laptop

dalimena 10:03 27 Apr 2007

Hi i wonder if you could help me, i have a Sony vaio VGN-B1VP laptop. I want to add a further 512 stick of memory to bring it up to 1gb. The trouble is it looks like i will have to virtually take it apart to do this, am i missing something or do you really have to take all the keyboard off to do this?

wee eddie 10:40 27 Apr 2007

But it should be quite simple. There will be instructions in the Manual (which may be on Disk)

My Advent had 4 little clips under the leading edge of the Keyboard, which you had to push back with a small screwdriver or the tip of a knife. Detailed Instructions were in the manual, yours may not be the quite the same but give it a browse.

Curio 20:00 27 Apr 2007

Has the memory on the underside of the Laptop. Invert your machine, there should be a small Flap approximately in the centre of the base. A very small screw holds it in place on mine. Remove that and prise up the flap to reveal the memory slots - mine has two. Slot in your new stick the right way round and close it all up again. Your new memory should show up immediately after booting up. (Rt click My Computer, Properties

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?