adding email addresses

TN 18:12 10 Nov 2005

Is it possible in Outlook (2003) to automatically add an email address to the contact file from an incoming email. I have lost all my contact addresses although they are all in an Outlook 'backup' file but I cannot open it as I am told it is not a correct file to import! With this in mind I thought it might be a lot easier to get the addresses automatically if this were possible. Also how do you stop Outlook downloading emails every 15 minutes or so - it did not do this before evrything went pear shaped on me. All advice appreciated

Taff™ 06:45 11 Nov 2005

If you have a backup .pst file click here

You can add individuals to your Contacts by opening the e-mail and then right clicking their e-mail address and add to contacts but you should be able to import your backup fully.

TN 08:59 11 Nov 2005

Many thanks Taff - worked a treat - have got all my contact back - still can't understand why everything just disappeared from the programme - no trojans or viruses on computer to blame.

Taff™ 08:07 12 Nov 2005

One of life`s little mysteries - how about a tick in the resolved box. Cheers

TN 17:13 12 Nov 2005

sorry, forgot!!!

Taff™ 21:10 12 Nov 2005

Still not ticked. Still a problem from the "old" forum. Tick the resolved box and click resolved button - don`t post a message!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?