add and remove problems

boysie 21:28 13 Aug 2005

Hi all!

I seem to be experiencing some problems lately! the one i've got at the moment is when I click on the add and remove folder in control panel nothing happens yeek!

Stuartli 21:34 13 Aug 2005

See:

click here

There's probably an answer too in this useful website but not looked through all of it:

click here

There is also supposed to be a utility called Fix Add/Remove - still looking.

Stuartli 21:37 13 Aug 2005

Also see information about appwiz.cpl about a fifth of the way down this link:

click here

boysie 21:40 13 Aug 2005

many thanks got somewhere to start now,, thanks again

keith-236785 09:06 14 Aug 2005

try add remove for good

click here

this is a time limited demo but works just like windows add/remove

boysie 11:58 14 Aug 2005

Many thanks for the link Good program! But I still need to sought out the reason Microsoft's add and remove will not open! I get the message that it's populating and thats all! I was going to uninstall sp2 and then re-install xp but I was warned that it would effect some of my running programs that might be risky ! I'll have to keep looking around the web for the answer..when I do I'll post it.

Many thanks again

johnnyrocker 12:00 14 Aug 2005

how long do you give it to populate? have you tried system restore?

johnny.

Stuartli 12:10 14 Aug 2005

There's also Kelly's Korner:

click here

She is a regular contributor to Microsoft's own Support pages and really knows her stuff as does Doug Knox:

click here

Will need a little bit of work to find what you want if the Microsoft (TinyURL) link I provided above doesn't work.

boysie 12:10 14 Aug 2005

I'm not sure ! after 2 or 3 minutes I give up! Normally it's loaded in seconds! I've done system restore, no difference! I might have to resort to a complete format of my hard drive once I've backed up my important stuff. Mmmmm, I have collected a load of rubbish over the months so it may not be a bad thing! It would be nice to know if there was a simple solution though.

many thanks for your input..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone