add remove control panel

chippy+ 17:11 27 Nov 2008

hi i have a large blue space before ad remove list
in the control panelcan anyone help thanks Chippy

Gongoozler 17:37 27 Nov 2008

I've never come across this problem, but I suspect that it could be a registry entry that doesn't point anywhere and is causing a blank where there ought to be a program entry. Try a registry cleaner such as RegSeeker click here.

BurrWalnut 18:46 27 Nov 2008

This is usually due to the DisplayIcon registry value for an item having a negative number.

Click Start > Run, type regedit, press Enter and navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Scroll down the sub-keys in the left pane and look at the corresponding value of DisplayIcon in the right pane.

If the end of any of the lines has a negative number, say -1, right-click and Modify it to 1 (one).

BurrWalnut 18:52 27 Nov 2008

I misread your post and gave you the key for Add Or Remove having a huge blank space:

Here is the key for Control Panel having a blank space:
Navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don’tload and delete items in the right pane that you want to see in Control Panel.

chippy+ 19:17 27 Nov 2008

hi BurrWalnut it is the when i look in add or remove programs the panel is blue and then i have to scroll nearly to the botom before the programs show thanks Chippy

BurrWalnut 19:23 27 Nov 2008

You want my first post then.

I should have also said that this can be caused by malware. If you have no keys with a minus sign in them, run your 'anti' programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?