Add & Remove

User-178362 18:11 25 Jan 2006

I have two similar programs, 1, Handy Recovery 1.0 (2) Digital Image Recovery. I never use any of them but which one do you suggest I remove, I also have two icons on my desktop Microsoft antiSpywear. Would it be safe to delete one, I have been told that Ad-Aware SE Personal, which I have on my PC is all I need. What is your opinion?

Diodorus Siculus 18:56 25 Jan 2006

I'd see no reason to remove either Handy Recovery 1.0 or Digital Image Recovery - you never know when you might need one of them.

If you double click on either of the MS programs, do both work? If so, feel free to delete either icon if they are for shortcuts.

Good to have a combination of anti-spyware programs - Adaware, MSA, SpyBot and Spyware Blaster all work fine together.

User-178362 19:30 25 Jan 2006

Thank you. I have deleted one of 2 that looked like a sailing yarts sail, dark blue background with 3 white sails. I also have one that looks like a liquoring orsorts round with the liquorish in the middle. This one says Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1. Do I need both on my desktop?

you can delete anything on the desktop all are shortcuts and cause clutter on the screen All programs can be accessed via start prog highlight the particular prog you want to use and click on it
I have been doing this for years precious on the desktop except saver screen icons eg sharks, fish pond, tall ships easy to pick one if some one visits

shizzy 21:22 25 Jan 2006

I think the one with the sailing ship was your downloaded file which you double clicked on to install the programme proper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?