add or remove programs

jonboy1 19:45 29 Dec 2007

I tried recently to remove a program from add / remove in control panel, I found the program was not there..also most of my other programs were missing including all the MicroSoft updates etc..
The update box is ticked.
Could this be as a result of running Registry cleaner recently and CCleaner?? and has it taken out registry links to add / remove ??
System is running XP professional with SP2.
I tried running restore from different dates but that would not run either..
Any suggestions / ideas on how to put my programs back into add / remove will be greatfully received,
Many thanks.

mfletch 19:50 29 Dec 2007

Hi, Did you backup of the registry before you deleted anything?

If you did reinstall the backup,

mfletch

jonboy1 20:34 29 Dec 2007

Hi mfletch, many thanks for quick response, I tried restoring from restore points but on all occasions system would not restore to an earlier point..
Initially what started this couple of days ago was I purchased Kaspersky Internet Security V7.0 but it would not load, I assumed because other AV progs. were installed,I tried deleting all other AV's first then ran CCleaner and Registry cleaner. I then contacted Kaspersky support and they advised I downloaded a registry file which I did, Kaspersky IS now works Ok...however I am left with the problem of only seeing a few programs in my add / remove file....
Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?