add memory to HP 15 TS Notebook

bluetwo 22:27 15 Jul 2016

I have just bought 4GB memory to add to my Hewlett Packard HP15 TS Notebook but I can't find a video showing exactly how to do it. The ones I've seen so far look as if you have practically take the laptop to bits to install, but they are not my model. Where can I find a video which will clearly show it? Is it just the back removal that's needed for my model. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 15 Jul 2016

The bad news is the memory modules are next to the CPU so you are going to have to take the keyboard off to renew memory.

Secret-Squirrel 08:25 16 Jul 2016

.........HP 15 TS Notebook

bluetwo, before anyone can help you'll need to tell us the exact model name. For example, is it an HP Envy 15 or HP Pavilion 15? The info should be on a sticker underneath the unit.

Secret-Squirrel 08:59 16 Jul 2016

.........the model number may be more helpful so include that too as there are loads of different HP 15" notebooks.

bluetwo 10:39 16 Jul 2016

Thank you Fruit Bat/\O/. Secret squirrel. The model number is:-15-g091sa-100. It's a Hewlett Packard Hp15TS Notebook- no other name. Thanks again.

bluetwo 11:55 16 Jul 2016

Further information. Checking on HP website only one Notebook fits mine "HP15-g000 Touchscreen Notebook PC Seris

Secret-Squirrel 12:08 16 Jul 2016

Thanks for that. Here's the direct link to the service manual for your model including full instructions for accessing the RAM (page 73).

I have just bought 4GB memory to add to my Hewlett Packard........

I hope I'm wrong but I think you'll find that that model only has one RAM slot :( If that's the case then you'll need an 8GB module to replace the one that's there currently.

1]: [click here

bluetwo 14:23 16 Jul 2016

Thanks again. I'll check out the methodogy. According to BeLarc I have 2 slots, the top one being full (4GB). Chees.

bluetwo 09:38 17 Aug 2016

I've been up to my eyes with all sorts of other DIY. BeLarc says the BOTTOM one is full the TOP one being empty. My error. I am assuming BeLarc is correct. Comments please? Thanks again.

Secret-Squirrel 18:09 17 Aug 2016

I am assuming BeLarc is correct. Comments please?

The HP service manual suggests to me that there's only one slot and the MrMemory and Crucial websites say the same. Sorry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 17 Aug 2016

exactly which model?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?