Add another computer to a network

halliborange 23:55 13 Oct 2007

I have a wireless network set up using a belkin router this is ethernet wired to the pc and my laptop connects wirelessly. My neighbour has his internet with Talk Talk and has connection problems. To help him out I suggested he join my network and gave him the password. My network shows 4 bars in his house and my laptop is able to connect. However when we try to connect his laptop we get message that the network may now be out of range, we don't get as far as being asked for a password. Windows firewall is off. McAfee does not log any attempt by him to join the network so I guess we aren't getting that far. Can anyone run through the process of adding a new computer to an existing network for me please? Thanks, David

Strawballs 08:00 14 Oct 2007

Bottom right hand corner of toolbar, right click on the wireless icon (usually looks like a monitor with three curved lines radiating from it) click on see availiable wireless networks, choose yours it should then tell you to enter encryption key then connect.

100andthirty 08:05 14 Oct 2007

sensitivity of laptops varies. Mine is poor even 10m from the router, my daughter's is great and could connect to wireless networks I couldn't even detect when we were sitting next to each other! Try your neighbour's PC in your house.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?