Adaware & Spybot

babybell 17:28 12 Dec 2004

I am running adaware which works wonders for my pc but i have read that some people run both adaware and spybot and others, aren't all these things the same thing?

VoG II 17:29 12 Dec 2004

They each find things that the other misses.

Stuartli 17:46 12 Dec 2004

Don't forget SpywareBlaster which stops a lot of the nasties before they get into your system...:-)

Even better - Firefox 1.0 (browser) and Thunderbird 1.0 (e-mails).

Ad-Aware and S and D now virtually redundant.

herc182 17:50 12 Dec 2004

in my opinion use GIANT click here(qnikrqzmdrur52zdgfq4oc55)/p_antispyware.aspx

i too have spybot, adaware, spywareguard, spywareblaster. with GIANT, it runs in the background all the time and stops it getting on your computer in the first place. since i installed this i have never found anything by running adaware or spybot....but its not free.

TommyRed 18:35 12 Dec 2004

I also use Ad-Aware and Spybot which very rarely find anything since installing SpywareBlaster. Though toay I downloaded a christmassy screensaver which was riddled with virus and trojan horses, after they were detected by AVG I ran a sweep with AVG, then Spybot and Ad-Aware, the latter found things the former had missed. Most people on here use both with SpywareBlaster and maybe a2. HTH TR

Taff36 19:29 12 Dec 2004

Run all three! Kept me free from all the problems. If you`re covered why look for something else?

Buchan 35 22:13 13 Dec 2004

Taff 36, don`t get blase about the programmes you`ve got. If, as Stuartli says some programmes are near redundancy, then we should be on the lookout for more up-to-date stuff. I, like you, will carry on with the tried and true, but if one of our peers suggests a new and possibly better programme I`ll, at the very least, download it and give it a go. Cheers everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?