adaware download error

conrail 20:54 05 Feb 2008

when trying to update adaware I get "error retrieving update", I have clicked on configure and under proxy settings I have ticked the box 'use HTTP proxy', the address shown is 127.0.0.1 port 8080, going back and trying again gets me the same error message, after a search on these pages I downloaded the latest version from click here but still get the same problem, do I need to change the proxy address? can anyone help please, all help gratefully accepted

VoG II 20:57 05 Feb 2008

I would untick the use proxy button.

127.0.0.1 is a loopback address to your PC.

conrail 21:03 05 Feb 2008

thanks VoG™ but when I open adaware, the box is unticked and that's where I 1st get the message, I just ticked the box to see if I could overcome the error message, I can still run the program, I just can't update it

Technotiger 21:08 05 Feb 2008

I would un-install your Ad-Aware, Control Panel>Add/Remove programs, and then re-install it click here

cocteau48 21:12 05 Feb 2008

If you are still using Adaware SE it is no longer supported and will not update.
You will need to download the new Adaware 2007
click here

conrail 21:41 05 Feb 2008

thanks Technotiger and cocteau48, that has the problem sorted, I appreciate your help, also your suggestion VoG™

Technotiger 21:44 05 Feb 2008

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?