adapter for USB to mini 6-pin din plug

  Newby 23:13 05 Apr 2003

I bought recently a Hyper pen 6000, which is a tablet with a cordless pen and cordless mouse.
It worked fine on my "old" computer, which I have just sold but, unfortunately it has a 2 mini 6-pin din plugs one of which has to connect to my keyboard. The other to the control tower. My keyboard has a USB connection. Where can I obtain a USB to mini 6-pin din plug adapter or, is there another alternative. I would like to use the "gadget" particularly for my Serif Draw Plus 7.
Any suggestions?

  Belatucadrus 23:22 05 Apr 2003

click here like this ?

  Newby 09:25 06 Apr 2003

Thank you, Belatucadrus,
This will probably do the trick. I can connect the USB to PS/2 (din) connectors but my keyboard will still be connected separately via USB to my tower. Looks like I need more advice! Are you familiar with the Hyper Pen?

  siouxah1 10:39 06 Apr 2003

If you have a PS2 connection on your base unit for your keyboard. Consider obtaining PS2 keyboard as a replacement. Cost about £3 at your local computer fair.

If you prefer to keep the USB keyboard please ignore.

Regards Brian j

  Belatucadrus 11:28 06 Apr 2003

Sorry Newby but I'm not up on Hyperpens, so can't offer any suggestions. If you do find that you need a particular adapter/connecter that Homestead don't stock they do make specials on request, but it would probably be cheaper to get the PS2 keyboard.

  Newby 12:24 07 Apr 2003

I have connected the Hyper Pen pad through the 9-pin com port the mouse to the PS/2 port and left the"keyboard/mouse" PS/2 connection on the Hyper Pen pad unconnected and left my keyboard on the USB and--it's working O.K."!
Thank you for the website giving cables, etc.. I haven't used it but it may come in useful. Thank you also, siouxah1, for your help.
Cheers, folks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros