Adapter for Broadband

dugit 11:53 25 Oct 2006

From dial up I am going to get broadband BT option 2 (wireless) for use with two computers. I see BT sell adapter Voyager 1055 with a bus connection, is it as simple as just plugging an adapter into the second computer or do you need to use a lead with the adapter so that you can position it? probably I am asking a silly question for those that know .
Any advice on using an adapter would be appreciated.

Strawballs 12:48 25 Oct 2006

You should find any info that you need here click here

Danoh 20:15 25 Oct 2006

Oh right! The Voyager 1055 is a USB wireless adapter!

You should always setup the network using a wired connection, so one of your computers needs to have an Ethernet network socket. The second computer can use the USB wireless adapter.

I'm afraid its not "plug'n'play" ~ you will need to set up the Wireless router that comes bundled with the BT Option2. Then you need to setup the 2nd computer to work wirelessly (if thats what you want?)

It will also make it a lot easier if both computers are running on Windows XP (operating system).
Once working, both can share the same broadband connection, as well as files and printers with each other.

BT's support and/or this Forum would be able to help you get things going; the former offers interactive telephone help, which is more effective.

dugit 09:49 26 Oct 2006

Many thanks for replies, they have both been helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache