Ad pop ups- thorn in my side

clarky74 23:58 18 Feb 2007

just recently I have started getting constant ad popups from ad.adserverplus.com and It is really *[email protected]:ing me off as I cannot stop them from coming, even after downloading "Ad blocker pro" can any one help me get rid of them?

birdface 00:06 19 Feb 2007

Ok, Just double click on privacy report on taskbar,And if you find it in there block it, It wont bother you again.Well works for me, Slightly different name,Adserver, Adtech on mine.

birdface 00:08 19 Feb 2007

Sorry I should have said status bar,If you dont have it just press view at the top,Click status bar.

skidzy 00:09 19 Feb 2007

Sounds like you are infected with the LOP malware.

Check add and remove programs and remove anything that should not be there such as Messenger plus/Smiley central etc..
Then update and run the top four click here

p;3 00:10 19 Feb 2007

of interest, is it just to do with this site or others?

brundle 00:11 19 Feb 2007

It sounds like more than just ordinary popups, something is invoking them. Try AVGAntispyware (click here).You don't say what version of Windows you are using, you could try Spybot or AdAware from the same site as AVG only works on 2000/XP.If you have no luck generate a hijackthis log (click here)
and post it at the malware forum (click here) for someone to check out

brundle 00:12 19 Feb 2007

NoLop would also be handy click here;dl=item16

brundle 00:12 19 Feb 2007

That link again, working this time click here

p;3 00:15 19 Feb 2007

and what antivirus program is already on there and has it been run fully yet?

p;3 00:19 22 Feb 2007

are you still getting the pop ups? or are you sunk deep in them?

clarky74 10:09 22 Feb 2007

sorry I didn reply, have been away. anyway to answer a few of the questions: yes I am still getting pop us even after trying some of the suggestions. I am using XP, AVG anti virus and anti spyware, and 3B adblocker pro, all of which I have run a few times to try and eradicate those dodgy popups, wit no luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?