Ad-Aware update

hoverman 09:40 22 Aug 2003

An update 01R211 was available this morning but failed to download - progress bar stops at about 1% or 3%. I aborted and then found that the reference file was corrupted and had to do a repair via Add/Remove progams. Has anyone managed to install the new update?

Jester2K II 09:43 22 Aug 2003

Yes thanks.

Djohn 09:49 22 Aug 2003

Did it just know, went in fine, thanks for the reminder and the warning. j.

hoverman 09:57 22 Aug 2003

Had to do a complete re-install before the update would download. All OK now - many thanks for your replies.

updated with no problems here, so thanks for the 'heads up'

alcudia 12:32 22 Aug 2003

I can't get it at all. Every attempt stops. Reference file is corrupt. Have re-installed four times. Will try again later. Looks like it only affect some of us. I wonder why though.

hoverman 13:15 22 Aug 2003

My first couple of attempts at re-installing did not solve the problem. I was finally successful by uninstalling Ad-aware in Add/Remove programs, and then deleting the Lavasoft folder in the 'program files' folder before re-installing.

hoverman 16:52 22 Aug 2003

bump

alcudia 16:58 22 Aug 2003

Still can't get it. I have now tried three machines with no joy. Any idea what's going on.
All I've got now is three corrupt reference files. I think I'll give up until Tuesday.

rawprawn 16:59 22 Aug 2003

Thanks for the reminder, updated no real problems. Perhaps a bit slower than is usual.

alcudia 17:00 22 Aug 2003

Sorry, should have added I did just what you did, and went through the registry and got rid of what was left. I see what happens next week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?