Ad-Aware 2007 Free Does Not Update

User-6D608A94-4DD2-4950-88B7470B97BE89A8 21:51 23 Mar 2008

I have v7.2.0.6 installed but I can't persuade the program to download a new definitions update. The last update was 8th March. At start, the program tells me the definitions are out of date, and suggests running Web Update. When I click the Update buuton, a narrow box is shown saying "Getting information about updates", but there's no traffic shown on my internet connection and it just sits there. It says "Waiting..." in blue text above the News section.

Does anyone else have this feature?

brundle 21:57 23 Mar 2008

Can you get the update manually (more as a test to see if your machine is failing to connect rather than just Adaware)?
click here

MAT ALAN 21:58 23 Mar 2008

i have just followed same process and donloaded updates successfully. XP Home SP3 firefox..

in cases like this uninstalling and reinstalling the prog is sometimes the only course of action,

anniesboy 22:14 23 Mar 2008

I have v 7.2.0.6 which I thought was the latest update!

MAT ALAN 22:18 23 Mar 2008

For the prog. YES for the virus definitions NO..

provider 2 22:37 23 Mar 2008

Same version, same problem but I found that trying again after the first failed attempt did actually work, though there is nothing on the screen to show download progress until the update completed window.

(I use the blinking lights on my router to see if anything is actually happening.)

TonyV 09:52 24 Mar 2008

Is this version not 7.0.2.6? Mine is and it updates fine!

TonyV

Thanks to brundle for his <a href="click here">link</a>, but it appears that the batch file is no longer available.
I tried extracting core.aawdef to C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 but on opening the program it still thought the definitions were out of date.
However, <strong>this</strong> time, when I clicked the Update button updates were downloaded no problem.
Is this anything to do with core.aawdef being in the right place? It didn't exist before (I did a search to check).

MAT ALAN 20:35 24 Mar 2008

uninstall/reinstall, quick/easy...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires