active x control

mec13 15:04 09 Jan 2005

It was on one of my 'lets have a look' days whilst just checking my hard drive space and came across my 'programne files'. A list of icons came up which I think are my 'active x controls'. on right clicking one to have a look at the properties, one came up stateing 'damaged'(c:\windows\system32\iuctl.dll).
I think (I did say 'think') it was downloaded about 6mths ago via windows update. Can anyone out there give me some sort of a clue whats happened please. Obviousley my lack of computering knowledge, has shown its ugly head, once again. Does one just delete, and try to find it again, although I wouldn't know what to look for, or just leave well alone!

VoG II 15:07 09 Jan 2005

These are in "Downloaded Program Files"?

If you right click on one whilst connected to the internet then you should get a Repair option.

alan227 15:07 09 Jan 2005

If your computer is runnimg OK leave well alone.
When you are unsure of what you are doing you can make windows unbootable espscially by deleting DLL files.

VoG II 15:08 09 Jan 2005

Sorry, that should be "Update" not "Repair".

Graham ® 15:13 09 Jan 2005

I should delete it and install a new one.

click here

Then check for updates at MS.

mec13 16:00 09 Jan 2005

wow! such a quick responce to my problem and all is sorted in less than half an hour. Right clicking and updating did the trick, although I have to admit, what it repaired I havn't a clue, but I'll sleep better tonight. Thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?