Active virus shield help

Bike-it 21:36 01 Sep 2007

I am currently using Active virus shield free version but it wont update itself, i keep getting error messages while i try to manualy update it, anyone else having this problem, or could it be a virus which wont let the programme be updated

Bike-it 21:55 01 Sep 2007

Marg 7 just after doing a bit of browsing if i am right AOL are no longer updating the free version of AVS. hopefully someone will come along in a minute and tell us that all will be well soon.
If not i will download the six months free version from Kaspersky.

Dipso 22:12 01 Sep 2007

I presumed that although AOL were no longer offering the product it would still be updated until the 12 months expired.

I did actually go for the Kaspersky 6 months trial (plus 1 extra month if you go for the trial version first) but was hoping to revert to Active Virus shield after Kap expired for the remainder of the 12 months.

Bike-it 23:30 01 Sep 2007

Dipso what do you think of the kaspersky programe, do you or anyone else have a link for it.

Dipso 23:55 01 Sep 2007

If you are used to Active Virus Shield it is very similar.

The link is click here you get the download link after registering some basic details and they email you a key within a couple of days.

When you install the program you get the option of the trial which is 1 month or you can input the key. I have used this a 3 PC's and didn't realise until I got to the third that I could actually get 7 months by doing the trial first then using the key...not got to the end of the trial month yet but can't see a problem...if you're not greedy just go for the 6 months free.

Takes a bit of configuring for pop-ups and click throughs but I feel safer than I did using AVG...the bonus for me was it's Vista compatible...I didn't have a software firewall previously, apart from the Windows one...as this is a suite the firewall is included in the package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?