activation change

windy 12:43 26 Dec 2006

18 months ago i loaded a corprate edition of ex p pro onto new hard drive no problems. i have now reloaded because of hard drive failure. when trying to download microsoft antispyware program microsoft informed me i had an illegal copy and could not download this or any updates but the automatic updates program is now downloading all the latest updates.can anybody please explain what is going on and have i realy got an illeagal copy. p s the corperate disc was given to me by a work collegue who builds p cs and assured me it was leagal

Totally-braindead 12:49 26 Dec 2006

It isn't legal unless your PC is part of the Corporation that supplied it. ie If you work for that company and have one of their PCs to do work from home.
I could be mistaken but this is what I believe to be correct, the Corporate license is bought by the company for their use on a certain number of their PCs they have no right to pass it on to others.

User-312386 13:07 26 Dec 2006

The disc "may be legal"

However, the company may have filled there quota for licences and to be honest you should not have that disc in your possession

windy 20:20 27 Dec 2006

thanks for your replies. As this appears to be an illegal copy i cannot understand why i still get all the updates, (ie7 is now ready to be installed).I forgot to mention microsoft said they would validate my copy for £92-00.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?