Actiontec wep key needed ! !

dennis$&$ 19:39 16 Oct 2007

I wonder if anyone can help with this ? I have a wireless network in my home.Main comp. wired and two comps wirelessly connected, on installation with actiontec Router thru NTL, everything went well enough but I messed up my original attempt to gain my wep code.When I first contacted Actiontec ( 192.168.0.1 ) I had to create username and password which I did, then I had a connection problem which took several days to sort out and guess what ?, I had forgotten the p/word and could not get the wep code, so I didn`t bother about it, but I now need to lock my connection and I can`t get thru to actiontec to get it...anyone help ? ? ?

HCOOH 20:13 16 Oct 2007

I presume the username and password are for the wireless settings at the homepage. Is it possible to get at any of the router menu and reset it to defaults, you can then reinvent a username and password and enter the page you require.

dennis$&$ 20:31 16 Oct 2007

Unfortunately not, I am greeted with a Box requesting username and P/word and can not move anywhere....

FreeCell 20:43 16 Oct 2007

To reset the router there is often a hidden/sunken button on the underside or back which needs a small sharp implement to press. Press and hold for several seconds to reset.
If you have an instruction handbook/cd look on there for reset function.

dennis$&$ 20:54 16 Oct 2007

There is inded a reset button on router and I`ll use it in the morning when I`m alone , Many thanks, Dennis

woodchip 21:30 16 Oct 2007

If you are using a Wireless router you create your own Wep key in the Wireless Setup page of the Router. Although I would suggest you use WPA as its better

dennis$&$ 13:44 17 Oct 2007

Many thanks I simply did not know that, job done. dennis

woodchip 14:22 17 Oct 2007

Glad it sorted it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?