Action Manager

jorf 15:26 11 Feb 2005

Having upgraded to XP Pro, I installed the new driver for opticpro 4830P scanner but the scan to fax etc software called action manager no longer recognised, any alternative or updates please.

jorf 18:08 11 Feb 2005

I am using Irfanview for scans for file
but how do I scan to fax as action manager no longer works?

FelixTCat 18:14 11 Feb 2005

Try the drivers here: click here

FelixTCat 18:17 11 Feb 2005

Try this site also - it appears to have 32-bit versions of the software

jorf 00:11 12 Feb 2005

Thank you for you help, I have an XP driver which works fine with Irfanview but this does not allow scan to fax facility.

The download for action manager is not the driver for my scanner will this matter?

FelixTCat 09:18 12 Feb 2005

The Action MAnager is for the 4831P. I am presuming that the differences are small enough not to worry about. In any event, it can't hurt to try. If it doesn't work, uninstall it.

I suspect that manufacturers of parallel port scanners moved on long before XP and haven't bothered to update drivers.

jorf 10:33 12 Feb 2005

Again thank you, on the link I can only find action manager with opticpro 9636P. could you tell me where the one for 4831P is?

The xp driver I found on google works fine it is just the software for the scanner functions which will not install.

FelixTCat 11:48 12 Feb 2005

Sorry, for some reason I forgot to paste in the link and I can't find it again. Try here: click here for he 4831p.

If I find the other link, I will post it again.

FelixTCat 11:52 12 Feb 2005

You could try downloading any of the software from here: click here that includes Action Manager 32 and install just that part.

jorf 17:35 12 Feb 2005

Thanks I have tried the first link and it will not let me download !!!
I will try the second tonight after I have closed my pub. As I am on dialup ( No broadband here yet) I have to use the internat more at night.
I will let you know how I get on.

FelixTCat 19:13 12 Feb 2005

jorf,

I haven't tried downloading from these sites - I just did an internet search. Let me know if you have more problems and I will not only search for the sites but try downloads also. I can't test the software because I don't have the relevant hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?