Acronis True Image Home 2011

[email protected] 09:49 04 Dec 2010

Has anyone experience of using this program and does it do what it says on the tin? It is from Uniblue and comes somewhat pricey at £39.95 so want to be sure it is worthwhile to buy.It professes to backup your entire system in case of a crash etc.

Pine Man 09:56 04 Dec 2010

...it is the best backup software on the market and does exactly what it says on the tin - exceptionally well!

birdface 10:11 04 Dec 2010

Best with Acronis.
Try Amazon for it .It was only £20 when I looked the other day

awest3 10:11 04 Dec 2010

Great software...used it for a couple of years now

not only for complete backups but also for when you want to replace or change your HDD...simply backup the old HDD and restore to the newly installed HDD...new HDD has to be on the same PC as the old one was..!

birdface 10:13 04 Dec 2010

click here

£22.

Drusen 10:22 04 Dec 2010

I've got an earlier version (2009)and it works well: my hard drive failed earlier this year and I was so glad that I had backed it up using Acronis.

cocteau48 10:37 04 Dec 2010

Acronis has got me out of trouble so many times I would not consider running a system without it installed.

The Kestrel 12:47 04 Dec 2010

Having used Buteman's link, I read the customer reviews for Acronis 2011. There are an awful lot of 1 star reviews for disgruntled buyers, who find it doesn't work properly. One customer even reports that Acronis admit to some faults. click here

GaT7 13:12 04 Dec 2010

This kind of software can be hit & miss for some people, but I've rarely seen so many negative reviews for one program! Previous versions seem better but they may not be compatible with your OS.

I'd suggest trying out the similar free Macrium Reflect click here. Tutorials & help at click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?