Acronis True Image Home 2009

MuDelta 17:54 11 Nov 2008

Has anyone had experience of this? Amazon says it is the latest. Latest is not always best!! Should I go for TI 11 or what?

rawprawn 18:30 11 Nov 2008

I haven't tried the new one, but TI 11 is fine and you can probably get it cheaper now there is a new one out. Try Amazon

cocteau48 18:53 11 Nov 2008

Acronis offered me a free upgrade to TI12 (2009) which I felt obliged to accept!
The user interface is entirely different from the earlier versions and they have added even more bells and whistles which I feel are un-necessary.
All I want is for the program to create a backup and restore same when required - no more no less - and as TI 11 did that with total success I would certainly have been more than happy to stick with that version had my freebie upgrade not come along.

MuDelta 14:54 12 Nov 2008

Thank you, rawprawn & cocteau48

I'l go for TI 11. yes, Amazon is cheap @ £20.48.

MuDelta 17:41 12 Nov 2008

I have just noticed that the Amazon price for TI 11 is not £20.48 but £25.26 after VAT!!

I got a download of TI 2009 from Acronis for £23.79 as follows.

Following JYPX's post on "Drive image software - which is best?" in the forum who said:-

"Don't forget that if you have a Maxtor or Seagate external drive, you can have a copy of Acronis True Image Home 10, free of charge.
I have tried it out - it works perfectly, and I have neither of the drives mentioned....!"

I downloaded the Maxtor version and was offered a discounted upgrade to 2009 by Acronis at the above price and am now well pleased (again) with the forum and its knowledgeable members.

woodchip 19:00 12 Nov 2008

I got a e-mail from TI about the new home. What I like in the new one is the ability to try software etc and if you do not like or it is a problem TI takes it back to as it was before. Works a bit like System Restore but better as this also works to remove all the file that was added and clears out the registry by putting the old one back

jarani 20:59 12 Nov 2008

###

jarani 15:18 13 Nov 2008

MuD - where did u find maxtor TIHo 10 to download please ?

canarieslover 15:23 13 Nov 2008

I think he got it here. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?