Acronis true image 7

pac73 02:16 08 Jan 2007

Can i create a bootable disk with Acronis true image 7.I mean, can i back up everything with Acronis on to a blank disk.So if anything goes wrong,i can just put my backup disk in and everything will be as it was at the time of backup.I mean all my programs,docs and settings,everything.I should add that ive got a recovery disk,so do i really need to backup everything.

robgf 02:45 08 Jan 2007

Hi,
You should create a Acronis bootable disc.
You then back up the image of your partition, or "C" drive to either a different drive, or partition, or CD, DVD.

Then if you get a problem, you can boot the computer with the Acronis boot disc, then once it is running, remove the disc and put in your CD, or DVD disc containing the image.

Ideally you would use a DVD, as it would take a lot of CDs to backup XP and your data.
Remember that restoring an image, overwrites all the information on the drive, or partition you restore it to. You end up with an exact copy of your computer, as it was when the image was created.

Rob. :)

pac73 03:01 08 Jan 2007

Rob,how do i backup with a dvd.

beeuuem 04:03 08 Jan 2007

With Acronis TI7 you need to create the boot disk, as robgf says, and/or activate the Startup Recovery Manager which give the option of using the recovery on boot up.
The help files with TI7 are very detailed and will give you the details that you are after. Selecting image location
If you need to create a complete image, you must specify its location on a storage device:
• Acronis Secure Zone (see "Acronis Secure Zone")
• hard disk
• network disk
• removable media drive, such as CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Iomega Zip or Iomega Jaz.

Hope this helps.

Arnie 10:11 08 Jan 2007

You can download the Acronis user guide on this link.

click here

Choose Acronis True Image 7.0 Home. 1.9Mb.

I have always found Acronis works better for me using a second hard drive.

Rather than using incremental image backups, I use full backups after which I then hide the backed up drive.

Always start by making a bootable CD as others have suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017