Acronis True Image

Robbo99 11:20 03 Mar 2008

I want to make a back up that enables me to restore my computer, Windows XP an all files intact.
I am reading the manual but I get confused. I would like to know which icon in the pick a task.
Sorry if this seems a simple question but I really am simple when it comes to coputers.

johndrew 12:12 03 Mar 2008

Depending upon variables in your system you may be advised to boot from the ATI CD as sometimes ATI doesn`t like backing up from an active drive. If you do this then select the `Full` boot option as ATI boots. Select `Backup` and follow as below.

If you boot from your normal Windows screen, open ATI and select `Backup` then `Next` then `The entire disk contents or individual partition`.

Click `Next` and all your disks and partitions will be shown. Tick all that you wish to backup. Click `Next` you may get an `Information` screen click `OK` and move to the location window where you decide where you want your backup to be and the name you wish to give it. Type the name in the `File Name` box making certain the path is correct.

Click `Next` and select `Create new full backup archive`, click `Next`. Select `Use default options`, click `Next`. Decide if you want to put any data in the information window, click `Next`. Then click `Proceed` and go for a cup of tea.

You may be asked if you want to password protect the backup. If you do you will need to put a password in and remember it - without it the backup is useless to you. I never use one. You may also be asked for any files to be ignored (.bak etc), use the defaults and click `Next`.

Hope this helps. Any problems come back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires