Acronis true image ??

Ikelos 08:42 20 Oct 2006

hi, i have read the help, but still not sure, just a got an external HDD to back up the laptop, when i come to back up I get the choice of either "Image Archives (*.tib)" or "all files" can some bright spark tell me which one to go for, thank you

Zeppelyn 08:48 20 Oct 2006

Choose which drive you want and you can back up tverything on it using the "tib" option. The other option is for backing up files or folders.
Just create a back up folder on the external and point True Image to it.

I've restored a complete drive easily with this program, saves those wasted hours reinstalling an OS etc when better things to do.

Ikelos 08:50 20 Oct 2006

Thank you..nice one

terryf 09:28 20 Oct 2006

You will find that a tib file may only take less than 15 minutes to make or restore, better than an afternoon reloading windows and programs. Consider having 2 disks or partitions, C with only os and progs, D with ALL your data. This way when you have an Acronis image of C it can take around 5 to 10 minutes to get a restored system. If you add some progs, make an incremental backup then choose the incremental tib to restore, acronis will progress itself from the incremental to the full tib

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017