acronis true image??

Ikelos 16:16 21 Mar 2006

hi, just had a go at backing up my laptop with Acronis true image ver8, I have backed it up onto a external drive, when i check the drive afterwards, it is in two parts, one part is 2.55gb and the other 3.99gb, when i checked the laptop the amount of space used is 11.5gb, anyone any idea what is happening.. thanks

Pine Man 16:30 21 Mar 2006

I have had a few teething problems with TI9 and found the True Image forum excellent as it has Acronis staff monitoring the threads and usually provides an answer very quickly.

Go to click here

woodchip 16:30 21 Mar 2006

Yes it's how you chose to setup true Image. You set it up to do backups so that it only backs up new not full each time. This makes for faster backup,
But is only some good while the Drive keeps working where if you created Image files to another disc, then this can be loaded to anther drive on the same computer even if the drive pacs up

Ikelos 16:36 21 Mar 2006

thanks for the link, this is my first back up. no doubt get the hang of it one day...

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:50 21 Mar 2006

Usually a good idea to use the secure zone, this makes a partition an isolates it from windows. First backup should be a "full" backup and then you can add incremental backups which append to the full. If you want to delete your backups and start again all you need do is remove the secure zone and create another and away you go again. You need to create a boot disc to use the restore, there is an option to use the boot manager(F11) but this will probably corrupt the boot menu. The boot disc works very well.

Ikelos 17:00 21 Mar 2006

thanks, learning all the time, just noticed that the external drive is fat32, is that why it has split the backup into two lumps..thanks

Hertz Van Rentyl 18:31 21 Mar 2006

Mine is Fat32 as well, I use the Acronis secure zone and all I get is a total used and remaining in the zone.

ACOLYTE 20:51 21 Mar 2006

Is norton ghost the same as acronis? or is acronis better?

Danoh 21:14 21 Mar 2006

ACOLYTE;
Norton's Ghost is a different product. I have Powerquest Drive Image 7; the company and product features have been bought over by Symantec and incorporated into later versions of Ghost.

I have just bought Acronis TI 9 for its separate file/folder backup in addition to complete drive imaging capability.
Ghost, being is more expensive drove my choice! Plus various reviews about Acronis TI 9.

ventanas 21:18 21 Mar 2006

For what its worth I use both programs and easily prefer TrueImage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?