Acronis True Image 2009 - moves outlook.pst file

Rockarch 09:34 18 Nov 2009

Can anyone knowledgeable about True Image help me?

Have to say that I'm feeling a bit fed up that Acronis don't offer any support unless you pay extra for it, and I havn't had any response to posting this issue on their forum.

I installed TI 2009 on an XP HomeSP3 machine - it's a bit old and under powered. Since doing so, on random occasions, after making a data backup or an image, the outlook.pst file is moved off the C drive of the pc.
It isn't lost because I can go into the backup and copy it back onto the correct place and then all works fine. But I don't want to have to keep doing this.
The backup is to a networked storage device, over the network.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this and how to sort it out?
There are no other issues with this machine, no virus problems etc, I wondered if it might be something to do with lack of processing power, but don't know enough about these things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

rawprawn 09:40 18 Nov 2009

I can't help as to the reason why Acronis moves your .PST file. However with regard to Acronis support it is usually very good, and it is also free.
Have you registered your TI 2009 product, until you do that you will not be elijable for their support.
Register here

click here

Rockarch 09:51 18 Nov 2009

I'm intrigued to know how you got free support.
I have registered with them and when I go through the menu to get to technical support, the options all involve paying.
Is this because I bought TI Home rather than a business version?

rawprawn 10:35 18 Nov 2009

Enter your Registration Email and password and log in>

rawprawn 10:39 18 Nov 2009

Sorry meant to click "Clear"

OK, I am suprised I haven't used their supprt for over a year, and I got excellent service. Now like you apart from going to the support forum which I would now suggest, it looks as though you are right and have to pay.

Rockarch 10:43 18 Nov 2009

Hi Rawprawn

I've been to the support forum, searched it, and also posted a message and ... resounding silence so that's why I've come to all the helpful folks here.

Can anyone shed any light on why a .pst folder should get moved rather than backed up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?