acronis true image 11 licenses

sinbads 20:33 18 Feb 2008

Thinking of getting this software, i know a lot of you use this for backups. My question is i have 1 PC and 1 Laptop can i install the software on both pc's?

regards

sinbads 20:35 18 Feb 2008

Forgot to add are there any issues with version 11

rawprawn 21:22 18 Feb 2008

You can install it on both, and no issues that I know of.

setecio 21:32 18 Feb 2008

I think it is a one machine licence so buy 2 copies of it.

sinbads 21:57 18 Feb 2008

ummm Don't really want to buy 2 to do the same job
i'll wait to see what others think .....thanks for your feedback

T0SH 22:37 18 Feb 2008

If you install acronis on one PC then use it to create the the emergency recovery CD you will have a bootable version of acronis on CD that you can use anywhere apparently without any restrictions

Cheers HC

davidw1977 09:32 19 Feb 2008

The license seems per machine.

If the hard disk of your computers are made by Seagate, there is a free tool from Seagate (Seagate DiscWizard) which is licensed from Acronis. You can use the DiscWizard on any computers with Seagate drive for free.

I have 2 desktop computers and one laptop. Both desktop computers are with Seagate disks so I just use the free Seagate DiscWizard. On the laptop, I bought a license from Acronis as the laptop has a Hitachi disk.

sinbads 14:51 19 Feb 2008

unfortunately my drive is a sata however i propose to capture images using an external drive, if as Tosh says the recovery disk is universal then it should work? would i need to load the software on both computers or would the bootable disc reconise the image on the connected external dive?

DieSse 15:10 19 Feb 2008

"unfortunately my drive is a sata"

It's the manufacturer that's important - not the type. Seagate or MaXtor are both OK as makes for the Acronis-based free version from Seagate.

Confab 15:39 19 Feb 2008

I use the same copy on my laptop and desktop without any issues

I can't find a copy of the license on the Acronis website but I guess that I would have had to agree to it when I installed the software. On a lot of third party vendor sites the license refers to “users” not pc's.

Confab

pj123 15:46 19 Feb 2008

Forget it. I use xxclone (free) from click here

and Maxblast 5 (also free, which is based on acronis engine) from: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?