Acronis true image 10 home

Strawballs 01:37 31 Jan 2007

I have just purchased a copy of over software and at the moment do not have a external hard drive, but I do have a second hard drive which I tried to do a backup of primary drive to and a message saying if I backed up to this I would not be able to use it with the bootable media.

does this mean that I can't use this drive to create backups to?

vinnyT 04:47 31 Jan 2007

That's odd, one way to check would be to create a bootable trueimage cd. Boot with it in the drive, this should then start up TI without booting to windows, where you can backup, restore, etc. Try to make a backup of c:\ to your 2nd hd.

If it does this, click on the restore image icon, if it sees the image you have just created, then no prob.

I've always preferred this way of creating backups, rather than doing it within windows itself.

Hope this helps.

rawprawn 07:53 31 Jan 2007

I use TI 9 and always backup to my secondary drive with no problem, I took the free trial of V 10 but I couldn't get it to backup mu emails so I stayed with TI 9. However it backed up to my slave drive with no problem. I can see no reason why it wouln't work I would test it, and if there is a problem contact Acronis.

johndrew 13:51 31 Jan 2007

Something very strange there. I use TI9 as well and can backup and restore to and from both my second and external HDDs.

I am aware that some people don`t make a `Full` version of the recovery disk and this can lead to some difficulties in the same way as not booting the `Full` disk when starting from the recovery disk. Is it possible this has something to do with the message?

ribo 14:48 31 Jan 2007

click here

Try this support forum. Very helpful. J

Strawballs 22:29 31 Jan 2007

Thanks for the info everybody but my second hard drive cannot be detected today so that could well be the problem.

As soon as I get home from work I will have to have the side off and investigate for loose wires etc as the drive is only about a year old, will post back when I have investigated!

Strawballs 11:21 01 Feb 2007

Got everything working again and did a complete backup of main drive and made bootable disc, put it in the drive and rebooted (after changing bios to boot from cd first) and when it gave me the options where to restore from my second hard drive was not there.

Every thing else was including my memory card reader and both my DVD rom and writer.

Looks like an external drive is needed.

johndrew 11:24 01 Feb 2007

`.. my second hard drive cannot be detected today ..`

Do you mean at boot up and normal system running? I.e. in `My computer`?

terryf 11:27 01 Feb 2007

No, I back up to my D drive with no problems using ti9 and now ti10, Using the bootable cd, when the screen comes up at the beginning, choose ti safe mode. then try to validate the archive files. I had a problem when ti said one of my archive files was invalid, I went into ti safe mode and it restored ok from another earlier archive then I went back to full mode and checked the 1st archive and it said it was ok and I was able to restore from it.

terryf 11:29 01 Feb 2007

You can use an external drive as 'belt and braces' keeping a copy of archives on it and you can restore from it but it takes (me) longer than restoring from D drive.

Strawballs 12:53 01 Feb 2007

johndrew yes it was in my computer but when I got home I took to side off and and reseated the cables on the 2 drives no all is fine but still not able to use s backup drive.

terryf will try your suggestion in ti saf as I tried it in full mode.

Would it be anything to be with the fact that the second drive is described as dynamic and not simple in disk managment or that after the last clean install the 2 drives are now F & G and not C & D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires