Acronis true image 10

sinbads 15:52 04 Apr 2007

Having heard good reports on the forum thought i would try TI 10 trial.Seems it is compatible with vista, unlike my old ghost 3. I have not run the software yet; but would like some feedback from those that have restored from a backup of TI10 with vista. Also if this software does incrimental backups, and is the software restricted to one pc.
Regards sinbads

anskyber 16:01 04 Apr 2007

I have not had the need to restore Vista so I cannot vouch for it in operation. The version you need is  True Image Home® version 10.0 (build 4,942) for Vista. If you buy the disc you will need to register with Acronis and then download the correct version which was released on 12th March 2007.

Yes it does incremental back ups and quite a bit else besides, for example just your email if you wish.

sinbads 16:16 04 Apr 2007

anskyber

Thanks for your reply, perhaps its a little early to judge as TI is the latest version, as is vista so feedback on its success with visa may be a little thin.

Do you know if the disk is tied to the one computer or can it be loaded on a secondary pc?

Also i cant find any info on the max gtig it can restore?

Regards sinbads

sinbads 19:46 04 Apr 2007

well just backed up and varified 65gig c dive so that answers one of my questions

anskyber 19:50 04 Apr 2007

Pine Man may yet post here but I do know from other threads he has successfully used Acronis in Vista.

Strawballs 20:02 04 Apr 2007

As far as I know if you do buy it the licience will only be for one.

I know you can put backups across a network but have never tried backing up a shared drive across a network.

woodchip 20:05 04 Apr 2007

First you create a Rescue CD, So that you can Restore a Image when it won’t go. Yes it does incremental but I do not use it. I create full images on occasions, and back up other files as and when to another partition and external drive

woodchip 20:06 04 Apr 2007

If you use the Rescue disc to boot from you can use on as many computers as you can buy, then some more

sinbads 20:10 04 Apr 2007

thanks anskyber hopefully i'll never need to use it ;but if i do i'd like to be confident it will work.
Regards sinbads

mosfet 20:20 04 Apr 2007

I made rescue CD ok,but tried it out..will not work from a trial ATI10..
I'll stick to ATI7

woodchip 20:28 04 Apr 2007

NO you have to buy the full version for it to work from Rescue Media

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?