Acronis TI Secure Zone

ribo 21:31 09 Apr 2006

I have been reading some threads and have come across RAWPRAWN saying "you must start to use Acronis Secure Zone....".
I have not used this, as my images are on an external USB HDD.
Should I still be using this facility and what would be the advantage.
Also would I create this secure zone on the Ext. drive or on the internal HDD which is my C drive?
(I use both Drive Image and Acronis.) Thanks j

EARLR 23:54 09 Apr 2006

viewing with interest

Hertz Van Rentyl 00:10 10 Apr 2006

I have a secure zone on an external drive. This zone is invisible to windows and cannot be modified by windows. When you use it you just click on secure zone and there is no need to label any image files as it just creates them by date and any diary notes you add to the image.

€dstowe 06:46 10 Apr 2006

In my opinion, Secure Zone is THE way to use Acronis. As HvR says, it is invisible to windows so cannot be accidentally deleted and is by far the easiest way to use the program. For example, when the zone is filled, it will automatically delete the oldest full backup and create a new set (note: you have to be on a full, rather than incremental, backup setting for this to work).

All of my business computers use Acronis Secure Zone either on a dedicated fixed hard drive and/or an external drive.

rawprawn 08:32 10 Apr 2006

Use Acronis to create it's own secure zone (Manage Acronis Secure Zone in Tools) It will create a partition within your C: drive (size determined by you) which is impervious to any outside influence except HD Failure (I keep a second backup on a slave)To recover you only need to hit F11 on boot it's as easy as that, & a must!!

I use Version 7 so my instructions under "Tools" may vary.

ribo 10:10 10 Apr 2006

Thank you very much for your help. I better get cracking then! Thanks again j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?