Acronis TI problem

Meshuga 13:47 20 Oct 2006

I am trying to create an image of my hard drive on to a freecom usb external drive. When it comes to selecting the drive I wish to put it on I only have a choice of driveA floppy disc drive or my asus CD/RW drive. The Freecom drive, which should show as drive F will not appear with the floppy and cd/rw drives so I can`t select it. The drive F has been formatted and has nothing on it. My os is XPhome sp2.Can anyone suggest what I should do please.

anskyber 13:55 20 Oct 2006

Thats odd, mine shows the external USB drive (provided its turned on it does not if its turned off) and also the C drive. Are you getting the C Drive showing? I realise you do not want to put it there.

Meshuga 14:00 20 Oct 2006

Hi anskyber, external drive is turned on and C drive is not showing either. Only floppy and CD drives showing.

anskyber 14:10 20 Oct 2006

How odd. The Acronis site does have its own forum for True image so if there is nothing here you may be lucky there.

On one point I did e-mail Acronis direct and I got a reply within 3-4 days. Sorry I cannot help futher.

anskyber 14:14 20 Oct 2006

Just a thought, does it think you are trying to create a bootable disk rather than a full image?

Meshuga 14:14 20 Oct 2006

anskyber,Thanks for trying.

stylehurst 14:24 20 Oct 2006

Meshuga
I have used a freecom external USB drive, for many years to store my images using Acronis true image, without any problems.
Can you confirm that your USB drive and C drive show in my computer. This would eliminate whether the problem is in Acronis true image.

Meshuga 15:09 20 Oct 2006

Hi stylehurst. Yes,C drive and F drive appear in my computer however, since my last post I have found that you can create the image on the Desktop, which I have done, and then, using "Send To" I have transferred it on to the F drive. So at least I achieved what I set out to do, albeit by a roundabout route. I have`nt used acronis since 2004 so had forgotton the proceedure. Many thanks for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?