acronis question

Ikelos 09:51 22 Jul 2007

Hi, after a repair XP has problems, i have Acronis with a copy of this laptop on an external HDD, made last year, and another made last week, if I put last years copy in, and it makes it all worse, can I put last weeks copy and at least get it back to what it is today.

Thanks

Probabilitydrive 09:54 22 Jul 2007

Well, if last years copy is a dud, chances are that last weeks might work. I had a similar problem with a Ghost back-up and resolved it by using a more current image back-up.

Ikelos 09:57 22 Jul 2007

Thanks.might be worth a try. spent hours and hours messing with it.

and they call it a hobby :-))

Pine Man 11:28 22 Jul 2007

'can I put last weeks copy and at least get it back to what it is today'.

This may be a typing error on your behalf but presumably what you mean is can you get it back to what it was last week?

When you use Acronis it completely installs on your HD exactly as it was when the copy was made so you could install the one you made last year and try and get your system working and if you are not happy install the week old one afterwards and try that. What you cannot do is try either of the two copies and then revert to 'what it is today'.

Ikelos 14:52 22 Jul 2007

you are right, it was the way I put it, frustration at its best.. I will make one more copy today, then try last years one.

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?