Acronis question

daisy2bell 10:49 14 Oct 2006

If I make a backup with acronis, will all my files and programmes be backed up? i.e. would I still have to install software such as Spybot, adaware,AOL,photoshop etc
Thanks

rawprawn 10:58 14 Oct 2006

If you use Acronis to back up all your C: Drive it makes a total Image as at that time including Spybot etc, and also system restore poits. No worries if you back up regularly.

Pine Man 10:58 14 Oct 2006

When you carry out a full back up of a drive with Acronis everything is backed up.

When you restore a back up it will be exactly as it was before. Nothing needs to be reloaded.

daisy2bell 11:09 14 Oct 2006

Thanks for the speedy response

woodchip 11:12 14 Oct 2006

Just a point from me, I have been using it for years.
Don't bother with Secure zone, Just make full backups

rawprawn 11:17 14 Oct 2006

I disagree, Secure Zone is an excellent way to recover your HDD. However I do agree it is wise to keep a seperate backup.

bruno 15:44 14 Oct 2006

What do you back up to,Spare drive or cd's or dvd's?

woodchip 15:52 14 Oct 2006

I have External Hard Drive and also Comp Drive split into three, I Create Image on to Partition then copy to External drive number one Partition, as with Acronis Restor It only see's the first Partition on any External Drive, that is the first or Primary partition on that drive. So your Images are no good to you if you cannot see them to restore from

woodchip 15:53 14 Oct 2006

PS I use maximum Compression

bruno 19:35 14 Oct 2006

Thanks for that information.How much space does it take,as I have a spare 20gb drive I could use but I have more than that on my main drive.How much does the compression reduce it?

conrail 20:31 14 Oct 2006

just a question Pine Man, I have done a full backup with Acronis should the worst happen and I have to reformat, I asume I will have to install xp first then the Acronis backup? I asume there will be no usb drivers until I do, am I correct? thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?