Acronis One-Click Protection

Drusen 20:18 08 Mar 2009

I installed Acronis True Image Home 2009 today and would like to back up the entire contents of my HDD; however, I am a bit confused about One-Click Protection and the 'ordinary' Back Up option. Do they both do the same thing? Am I right in thinking that they do except One-Click is quicker/more straightforward?

Prior making a back up, I thought that it might be a good idea to check if the HDD has any damaged areas/files. I remember years ago that you used to be able to run MS DOS Scandisk. Is there a similar program to this in XP, or are errors checked for automatically 'in the background'?

Thanks.

Drusen 20:21 08 Mar 2009

Forgot to ask: does ATI automatically check for updates and/or prompt you to download them?

Grey Goo 20:28 08 Mar 2009

I don't have that version of Acronis but as I understand it you pre configure your backup parameters and then it becomes a one click operation. May be a good idea to back up to another HDD.

douglas1973 20:28 08 Mar 2009

Re Scandisk see click here

douglas1973 20:43 08 Mar 2009

Acronis One-Click protection tool permits you to begin protecting your computer as soon as you install Acronis True Image. During the first start of the newly installed Acronis True Image  the program will offer you to protect your computer by backing up its system partition and Master Boot Record (MBR) right away as well as scheduling subsequent full backups.
It is all in Help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:44 08 Mar 2009

Set up a schedule and you don't even need to click.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 08 Mar 2009

USer Guide click here

Drusen 20:52 08 Mar 2009

Thanks for your replies.

I have read the section in Help, but I am not sure about the lingo: 'system partition and Master Boot Record (MBR)'. Does this mean the whole HDD or just part of it? I am hoping that people on the forum will be able to put that sort of language into plain English.

Incidentally, I have an external HDD to back up to.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?