Acronis-It Looks Complicated-Is It?

Big L 266 20:09 22 Jul 2010

Hello.

I'm considering the trial version of Acronis.I've had a brief look at the online instruction book and its 137 pages long. If you have this product perhaps you can help me please.

I assume that the principle aim is to copy everything and anything from the "C" and "D" drive to one or more external hard drives.

I would like to copy eveything onto the three external hard drives that I have and appreciate it'll be several hours work every week. My Dell 540 runs Windows Vista Home Premium in 32 bit and all three external hard drives run on the self-allocating letter "J" when I do them one after the other.

My newest drive is an Hitachi 1Tb so would like to start with that and presume the backup already taken would have to be removed to accommodate the Acronis. If so,I further presume the backups already on these other two will also have to be removed and replaced.

Are my assumtions correct and is it really as difficult as the instruction book says? I'm going offline right now because its suddenly gone dark and think a storm is due soon.

Any help and advice,suggestions,recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Big L 266

Proclaimer 20:27 22 Jul 2010

No, it is not complicated.

rawprawn 20:45 22 Jul 2010

Not complicated at all, in fact if you use Acronis one click, that is (One Click)all you need.You can easily elaborate on that but for ease it's perfect.

Big L 266 07:20 23 Jul 2010

Hello.

I'll whizzzzzz over to their website and try out the trial version and evaluate it.

Thanks for your help.

Big L 266

compumac 09:57 23 Jul 2010

Relatively straightforward.

Daiol 17:28 23 Jul 2010

Have a look at my posting a while back.
click here

woodchip 18:40 23 Jul 2010

You can Create a Backup image or Images to the same drive giving them different file names, these do not take long to create, I always keep a old or one of the first images when the computer is known to be running okay. They need to be on the first partition on that drive if its a External Drive, as when you use Acronis CD to boot from so you can restore a Image, it only sees the first partition on external drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?