Acronis - How do I make a Recovery Partition?

RobCharles1981 21:23 22 Dec 2006

How do I do this???

RobCharles1981 21:51 22 Dec 2006

Basicaly to save time when I want to reformat Windows so that I can just load that Recovery process.

Technotiger 22:23 22 Dec 2006

Hi, by far the best way is to do a full backup of 'C' to an external HD.

RobCharles1981 22:27 22 Dec 2006

I just want to do what I asked about?

BRYNIT 22:38 22 Dec 2006

I think if you click on tools/manage Acronis secure Zone this will start the Secure Zone wizard.

gudgulf 22:43 22 Dec 2006

Open Acronis and click on "Manage Acronis Secure Zone"

This will open a Wizard which will let you create an area on your hard drive that is separate from your Windows partition.You can image your drive to that and use that image to restore your drive.

Technotiger is correct though....using an external drive(as I do myself)will protect you against hard drive failure.Having an image on the Secure Zone or a partition on a single drive wont do this.

If you simply want an image of your drive on the main hard drive then the Secure Zone will do the trick.

woodchip 23:13 22 Dec 2006

Secure Zone is ok while the hard drive works. But what if it stops working. I create Image files and drag them onto a external drive. As well as having them on the Internal, on a Partition

€dstowe 06:20 23 Dec 2006

Not wishing to be rude but Acronis comes with an 80+ page manual which tells you everything you could possibly want to know about the software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?