Acronis Home 10

Splodge 16:50 04 Feb 2011

For some years I have been using Acronis (of all the versions) and latterly the above.

For some reason, on the same computer and same drives, I am getting an error message (check error, index corrupted.)

I deleted the program and downloaded again, also got the update but the same thing happened.

I really rely on my computer for banking particularly but other programs are extremely useful.

Has anyone got a solution or perhaps they can recommend another backup program. I am on Windows XP, do have a Windows 7 computer but it gives me so much grief, I am afraid to rely on it.

All answers gratefully received.

Nontek 16:56 04 Feb 2011

Try running Ccleaner in its default settings, might just be a glitch in the Registry.

I also use XP and ATI2010.

Splodge 17:02 04 Feb 2011

Nontek,

Thanks for that, but I already do every day plus Regclean and Glary Utilities.

rawprawn 17:19 04 Feb 2011

Have a look here click here

woodchip 18:15 04 Feb 2011

If you have created a Acronis Rescue CD or got an Acronis CD boot with the CD then run Acronis out of windows, you should get results that work. As it uses files on the CD not what's in windows

Splodge 21:53 04 Feb 2011

rawprawn, you did it again! You must love that white charger you are always riding in on!

I had actually looked at the Acronis site but did not find the right information.

Since logging off, I have been running Command Prompt and, wow, there were many, many corrections. I have just finished after copying the link printing it out and runninh it.

Too late to start running Acronis but I hope it will run tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Splodge 07:43 05 Feb 2011

My Sony Vaio is over 8 years old but, despite having a Windows 7 machine also, I cling to it.

It has got slower but I have always used the various programs to cleanse it of spyware, defrag it regularly run Regclean, Glary etc.

It never occurred to me to use the check suggested by rawprawn shown below.

Could you please check the disks for errors? - Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" where DISK is the partition letter you need to check.

It brought up lots of files which needed adjusting or moving and took a long time.

But, immediately after it finished, my Acronis ran and I backed up to D Drive which instead of taking my usual hour and a half, took just over 35 minutes!

I do ot think it has ever been that quick before!

rawprawn 08:33 05 Feb 2011

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad your problems are solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?