Acronis grrrrrr

boybrown 19:43 25 Aug 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do an image of my OS harddrive onto a partition in a slave as a backup in case of breakdown. I recently got the Acronis v9 and have tried to use this. When I tryo to create an image i get the following error

"cannot create image of logical drive c as it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors"

I've run scan disk and no errors are reported and the C drive will have running applications as it contains the OS I am trying to copy!

Any ideas folks

cheers

tom :o)

JayDay 19:47 25 Aug 2006

I always create backups by booting up with the Acronis boot disk (which you create in Acronis).

You can create a secure zone (basically an Acronis partition) and keep the backup there. In the event you need to restore your system boot up with the disk and point towards the backup in the secure zone an Bobs your uncle. Hope this makes sense as I'm on my third bottle of Spitfire :)

Greengage 20:25 25 Aug 2006

I think I had this message some while ago - using Acronis v8. Cured by uninstalling and then re-installing Acronis.

boybrown 20:50 25 Aug 2006

Hi Folks,

cheers for the replies. All sorted after a re-boot! I think that the problem was caused after I had used partition magic then not re-booted before using acronis. Now have a happy copy loaded as back-up on my slave hard drive.

Once again many thanks

tom :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?