Acronis first steps

eedcam 09:01 14 Aug 2007

Ok bit the bullet and got Acronis query is apart from the back up stuff which I am not ready to tackle .Still sorting through the various conflicting advice around .Can I say back up the whole pc with acronis and then individual files or folders using Explorer

johnem 09:08 14 Aug 2007

eedcam,
You can carry out both processes within Acronis. create a full image of your hard-drive, presumably "C" or wherever your OS and programmes may be installed.
You can then make a full back-up of your selected files and setup an incremental backup of these files which you can schedule to carry out the process automatically if so required.
Make sure that you check the integrity of the back up before you need to use them to restore, just incase.

Batch 09:14 14 Aug 2007

In answer to your question as stated, yes you can back-up system with acronis AND individal files via Explorer. Some would question why you would want to do this (as the acronis back-up would contain the individual files). However, you may only wish to back-up the system infrequently (e.g. monthly) and your own data, say, daily.

eedcam 10:41 14 Aug 2007

Thanks Guys and Batch the reason why is at the moment I understand explorer and file transfer from that,as yet Acronis has yet to be tried .

eedcam 23:00 15 Aug 2007

Ok got the hard drive and first step updated acronis made a bootable disc . Now how are you supposed to use that inserted and windows still came up . Restarted got black screen had to power down. Powered up and disc came up ran through the checks it seen all drives removed disc closed acronis huh black screen . Not impressed how is this supposed to and does it work .Can expect mishaps when actually backing up things but not the first basic step./

terryf 04:54 16 Aug 2007

You need to go into your bios (by maybe pressing the del key repeatedly during the text screen part of booting up) and setting the boot order to be CD then hard drive. This means that the pc will search to see if there is a bootable CD if not will look at HD. Acronis loader will then come up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?