Acronis Disk Director, Lost Serial number

Epirb406 17:23 13 Jan 2006

Hi all,

Just over a year ago I bought and installed Disk Director and True image.

All fine and working well.

Just planning a reformat and rebuild of PC and discover that the original paper sleeve that came with True Image is missing and it had a sticker on it that gave the the serial required for installation.

I contacted Acronis and got through to an Online tech chat very promptly (26 seconds!) They advised me that since I had not bought the software from them directly that they wouldn't have my serial on record. They suggested that I contacted the people that sold it to me.

I have emailed them ( click here ) but doubt they keep that sort of info for all their customers, cheap and efficient they are but I really would be suprised if they can help.

Next stop was Everest and though that makes a good job of giving me chapter and verse on Windows, all it tells me about the Acronis programs is that they are installed.

Sorry to be long winded, anyone any ideas?

Thanks, Epirb.

SANTOS7 18:03 13 Jan 2006

If you registered the prog, log in, enter your details, you should be able to get the serial from there....

Epirb406 18:19 13 Jan 2006

Rather embarrasingly.........I didn't register.

To be honest I usually avoid registering to avoid the spam that goes with it.

Standing here with this much egg on my face that seems a bit silly I guess....

Epirb.

SANTOS7 18:23 13 Jan 2006

The only other place they might be is in the "readme" files on the disc....

Epirb406 18:39 13 Jan 2006

Sadly not

SANTOS7 18:45 13 Jan 2006

try emailing acronis support with the info listed below,i am sure they will help you...

(click here). Please provide the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) in the request.

Epirb406 19:03 13 Jan 2006

Got to be worth a try, am waiting for confirmation email!

Just cross with myself and also can't beleive that it is that difficult, should have stuck to freeware, no problems like this with that!

Epirb.

Epirb406 19:34 18 Jan 2006

Acronis came up with the goods!

Had a bit of a problem getting a message off to their support as I hadn't registered my software and couldn't give my serial number!

Got the message off with the serial number of my other Acronis product and attached a copy of my invoice for the products I bought.

One working day later a new serial arrived by email.

Thanks Acronis and for others..... Register that software!!!!!!!

Epirb.

Arnie 19:51 18 Jan 2006

Did just that within 2 days and instantly got a new update of Acronis True image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017