Acronis Boot disk

Cesare 10:37 19 Oct 2006

After finishing the boot disk I am told to, 'Please enable booting from CD-ROM from the BIOS.' How can I confirm whether ir is enabled of not ? Or shall I presume that it is enabled ? Win XP sp2 Prof.

VoG II 10:41 19 Oct 2006
  mattyc_92 10:44 19 Oct 2006

Reboot your system, and keep tapping (it is usually) 'Del' or 'F2' on your keyboard. This will open up the BIOS configuration Window.
From here, you will need to navigate to the "Boot Order" (usually in the 'Advanced Configuration' option) and make sure your 'CD-ROM/DVD-ROM' is listed as the first option to boot from. Then your Hard-Drive (I, personally have it set to boot from Floppy Disc, then CD then Windows)

Cesare 14:03 19 Oct 2006

VOG & mattyc_92 many thanks. Regards

Cesare 09:16 20 Oct 2006

Sorry to come back with this thread again. After reading VOG contribution, which says at the end, that 'Once you finish booting from your CD/DVD drive, make sure that you change it back so that the Hard Drive Disk is first'. I am not sure whether it is harmful to change it and leave it to boot from the CD/DVD Drive. What do you think please ?

terryf 09:22 20 Oct 2006

I would just leave it, my boot screen requires me to touch a key to boot from CD at the requisite time, if you are not happy, as you now know, it is easy to go into the bios and change it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 20 Oct 2006

Boot from CD first :

Disadvantages:
Slows down initial boot by a couple of seconds as it looks for a bootable CD and posts a message to press any key...

Advantages:
When HDD corrupted / fails just slip in a CD and reboot to load reapir tools or image.

Cesare 11:51 20 Oct 2006

Thanks. It seems better to go for the CD/DVD option Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone