acronis backup

chippy+ 12:55 24 Jan 2007

Hi can anyone show in steps how to backup my daughters compaq presario sr1109 with acronis the pc has xp home installed on the c drive and also the fat32 recovery partition, I have taken cd copies of the recovery partition but would like to take an image of the pc with all the programs installed. I have taken lots of images and recoveries with acronis for my own pc's but i am not to sure of the compaq because of the recovery partition, if I decide to image the c drive do I lose the recovery partition thanks Chippy

anskyber 13:01 24 Jan 2007

Not sure which version of Acronis you are using.

My version (10) and others I have used asks at the point of making the image what you want to do. The default is "C" drive but you can choose full disc which will do the back up partition.

However given that the OS is on "C" you will as a result of making a "C" image have a back up of the OS, if that makes sense.

Greengage 13:04 24 Jan 2007

In the section showing Selecting Partitions to Image, click Disk 1 which should show your C drive together with any other partitions with ticks against them also, inc the recovery one - I believe. I did it this way on an Acer Notebook but I haven't yet tried the Restore! You might just be better off waiting for someone else, hopefully, to confirm.

Greengage 13:05 24 Jan 2007

I was still typing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?