Acronis Back up to DVD+R

450223 06:23 17 Jan 2006

Acronis 9(1).O.S_EN.EXE 1.1 Buils 225 purchased/downloaded
About... reports Build 2.277

I Have been happily making Full and incremental back up to a USB hard drive (having done a test restore of the first saved image/volume), I thought all was well until I needed to do a restore for real a message comes up as corrupted, on all the images/volumes on the hard drive.

I have managed to do a back up to Philips CD-R discs though this is impractical as windows XP SP1, SP2 NTi CD writer & Acronis, only, loaded this runs to 7 discs! a full load of the programs I use is around 5GB!

I have tried Packard Bell, Memorex & Verbattum DVD+R All these discs report unsuitable media! and eject the disc!

I have NTi CD Writer software version 6.7.0.3301 loaded I have made sure it is set to UDF packet writing, I have set the slowest write speed within the software.

Acronis 9 says it supports DVD+R

Can not get a reply from Acronis themselves!

I really do not know what else I can do!

rawprawn 08:34 17 Jan 2006

I run True Image 7, and I have no trouble backing up to Philips DVD+RW

PaulB2005 09:40 17 Jan 2006

This is a bit of a false report. TI still can't write directly to DVD - you have to use Packet Writing software. click here

rawprawn 17:12 17 Jan 2006

Acronis True Image 7, does it no problem. It takes me 3 DCD RW discs. If there are problems, I'm glad I didn't upgrade but I am a strong supporter of TI.

rawprawn 17:14 17 Jan 2006

I have just re read your link, and I do have InCD

PaulB2005 17:17 17 Jan 2006

Personally i never write images to DVD or CD. All it takes is one bad disk in a set and there goes your backup.....

rawprawn 17:46 17 Jan 2006

Neither do I, but I have used DVD RW to test it. I Use one backup in Acronis secure Zone, and one on my Slave HD (Belt & Braces)-:)

PaulB2005 17:49 17 Jan 2006

I have one copy on a second hard drive and copy one a week to a USB Drive, as the Secure Zone is useless should the hard drive go kaput!

450223 14:46 18 Jan 2006

I really have, I really do have, Yes, NTi CD Writer software version 6.7.0.3301 loaded I have I really really have made sure it is really really is set to UDF packet writing, I have really really really have set the slowest write speed within the software.

450223 08:54 10 Feb 2006

I have now abandoned Acronis it's rubbish! I have purchased Paragon 7.0 this works great I can even make the first DVD+RW disc bootable of the full back up set!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?