acronis

chippy+ 12:39 22 Jan 2006

hi i have just installed acronis and made a rescue disc i have two pc's with wxp pro will the one disc do or do i have to make 1 for each os
thanks while i am here i would like to thank all who help me and others on the forum Chippy

gudgulf 13:01 22 Jan 2006

When you say a rescue disc do you mean the Acronis bootable cd?

Or do you mean a full set of system backups?

The boot cd will do for any XP pc...all it does is boot the pc and allow access to the full Acronis backups so you can restore a working image from the backup.

Each pc will need a seperate backup though.

chippy+ 13:30 22 Jan 2006

Hi gudgulf
in the true image v9 it has (create bootable rescue media) I have created one on a CDRW thanks Chippy

Wuggy 14:49 22 Jan 2006

The bootable rescue media loads a basic standalone version of True Image together with relevant drivers which allows you to either create a new image or restore a previously created image. You might feel more comfortable using a CDR rather than a CDRW. If you have registered your copy with Acronis you can download the 'latest build' which will contain updated drivers, fixes for known problems etc. There is no limit to the number of latest builds you can download. Always create a new 'Bootable Rescue media' each time you install a latest build to ensure the drivers are up to date.
As an example I had a verssion of True Image 8 with a relatively old build number. I got a new PC with SATA HDD's and the boot disk would not work properly. Downloading and installing the latest build and creating a new boot disk immediately solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?